Thursday, November 24, 2011

Moments.

Today I am holding on to moments. Moments that might never happen again. The moment when I feel sick because of eating so much at Thanksgiving. The moment my four year old 3rd cousin is explaining to me how Dr. Sam pulled her out of her mother's belly. The moment when my dad just hugs me for a long time. The moment when I recommend a book to my sister and she can't put it downs. Those moments when you just sit and try to feel the turn of the earth and try to comprehend how God made it and all of its complexity. Not to mention the galaxies beyond this tiny little planet that we cling to.

I am completely amazed when I try to think about the people I have known, will know, and will never know. I think of all the people who will impact my life in the future, who will shape me and mentor me into the person God wants me to be. I know I have a long way to go. Its hard to consider the future when I know that God does not promise the future, he does not even promise today. He only gives us now.

This moment.

James 4:14 says, "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."

We do not know what awaits us tomorrow. Cancer, car accident, plane crash, heart attack, etc. The possibilities are endless. I have made my peace with the fact that I may not wake up tomorrow, but now I need to figure out how I can use the time that I am blessed with. I know for some of you being in high school might seem like a trap, but that is one of the biggest places for ministry. So many young people are lost and floundering in the dark, looking for a light that can only be found in Jesus.

I encourage you to use your life as a way to show the love of God because for some people, you are the only Bible they will ever read.

Food for thought.

Stay awesome,
<3Kelly

1 comment:

  1. "Food for thought." <3.

    This is profound. Starkly afflicting. And wonderful.

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete